As part of product knowledge training for Bain Ultra tubs, I attended their facility in Quebec City and was fortunate to spend a few days wondering around Old Quebec, taking in beautiful sights of cobblestone-clad streets. Astounding combination of European charm and rich history set against the splendor of Canadian landscape, Old Quebec was an especially lovely place to be in early October with leaves turning colors in a stunning palette of yellows, oranges and reds. Below is my list of not-to-be-missed activities and gastronomic experiences in Ville de Vieux Quebec and surrounding area.
On a sunny afternoon, take a stroll along the Dufferin Terrace enjoying the epic scenery of the world’s most photographed hotel – Fairmont Chateau Frontenac. Stop by for lunch at the beautifully renovated Bistro Le Sam inside the Chateau and take in the views of boats passing by along the St Lawrence River.
- Explore the quaint cobblestone streets with a camera in hand. Stop at Lapin Saute in the heart of Old Quebec to enjoy the best of decadent French foods.
- Take a drive outside of the Old Quebec to take the gondola up to the top of the spectacular Montmorency Falls.
- Wine and cheese is a must when in the land of the French. Chez Boulay restaurant in the heart of the city is the perfect spot to indulge while watching tourists and shoppers pass by.
- For a bird’s eye view of the entire city and some more phenomenal French cuisine , Le Ciel was a great dinner experience. A rotating restaurant atop a hotel just off of Grand Allee street, Le Ciel offers unmatched views of Chateau Frontenac, Old Quebec and surrounding city wall and the World Heritage Site of Citadelle.
Having sufficiently indulged in beautiful scenery and decadent French cooking, I spent the following few days attending training seminar for Bain Ultra, a company specializing in premium therapeutic baths. Bain Ultra has pioneered the invention of air jetted tubs and set a new standard for bathing which stands to this day, with an emphasis on company philosophy, design aesthetic, innovation, quality and craftsmanship.
Reasons to love Bain Ultra tubs:
1. Art of Living. Bain Ultra’s philosophy is centered around transforming the experience of bathing from a mere necessity to a blissful escape from stresses of everyday life with a focus on relaxation, health and wellness. I was able to enjoy a few baths in Bain Ultra’s Meridian tub in the hotel room and was impressed with the quality of the air massage experience, as well as the ability to customize the pressure by regulating the strength of air flow at small increments.
Astro Design Centre - Bain Ultra Free Standing Tub.
2. Wow Factor. As an interior designer, I have long ago fallen for the beautiful sleek design of Bain Ultra tubs, often incorporating them as a centerpiece of an ensuite. Bain Ultra’s free standing tubs come in a wide variety of styles, ranging from very traditional to ultra contemporary, but always sure to make a statement!
Evanescence Collection (Via Bain Ultra)
3. Premium quality and craftsmanship. Attending the seminar gave me additional perspective with regards to the therapeutic features as well as the superior quality and craftsmanship going into production of each tub. Factory tour was particularly insightful with an opportunity to see first-hand how top-grade acrylic sheets are moulded into shape, strengthened with fibreglass, fitted out with all components and carefully inspected before leaving the site.
Charism Collection (Via Bain Ultra)
Needless to say, my Bain Ultra trip was a relaxing, inspiring yet educational get away. I was impressed by the company’s commitment to delivering a lifestyle of health and well being, helping clients all over North America master the art of living well. I sure wish I was bringing back one of their tubs to put in my own bathroom!
Shop the BainUltra collections at Astro to see how you can design a bathroom dedicated to relaxation, health & well-being.
Marina Medina, Interior Designer NCIDQ | Astro Design Centre
"My passion for design and my natural curiosity have led me to attend numerous design shows and to travel constantly, always seeking novel sources of inspiration and staying current in the industry."
Book an in-store design consultation to start planning your dream space.